Robyn Doyle, Belimbla Park, NSW
'I started beading after visiting a craft show about six years ago,' says Robyn of her decoration. 'First I made sun-catchers, and then I graduated to these more delicate decorations. They are not as difficult as they look - you just need time and patience.'
You will need:
- 2 x 4-wire stars
- assorted coloured beads (size-9 seed beads, crystal bicones and gold teardrops are ideal)
- round-tip pliers
- 26-28g wire to fix star shapes together
- 15cm chain and a jump link for each star
- Work one star with seed beads in chosen colour. Turn the ends with round-tip pliers
- Work the second star, adding teardrops and bicones in any arrangement you like.
- Join the stars with wire and decorate the front with a bead to cover the wire. Secure chain with a jump link.